Wednesday, February 6, 2008

official contract of the h2o log.

I am addicted to Diet Coke. I have no problems admitting it. It is sad. I am a little better than I used to be. When I used to be an event coordinator I would sometimes work really long shifts and would be unable to leave to get a diet coke. I would go to Sonic before work and as I was drinking it, I would already be thinking about where I was going to get my next one. I always had to make sure I had a sufficient stash. I still need the stash but I don’t normally think about my next “fix” before I have finished the current one!

Michael and I co-own a children’s performing arts academy and two of our high school students have noticed how much soda we drink. They have been giving Michael a particularly hard time about it recently. They bring him water and have evened ordered water for him at a restaurant and handed it to him to drink. Well, on Monday they took it to a whole new level. They created a contract for each of us. It reads as follows:




Official Contract of the H20 Log (Terms & Conditions)

I Katie Morris agree to drink a minimum of 3 glasses (or bottles) of water (H20) EACH DAY of the month of February (leap year included!) 2008 (starting February 5, 2008). This will be observed by Michael Morris and monitored by the contract draft/advisors, Katie ******* and Laree *****. Provided that you abide by these terms and conditions, you will be rewarded with A NEW CAR! Okay, not really, just kidding, but for real, it will be a SURPRISE prize, but trust us, it will be good.


If I had a scanner I would have included a copy of the entire contract, which includes a logo they created for themselves and a calendar on the back where we are to log our water consumption.

I just love these girls. They are such a joy to be around and always keep me laughing. I am really taking this contract seriously. I don’t want to let them down and I certainly can’t lie about it. More than anything, I want my prize!!!

Well, I am off to drink some water…..

2 comments:

sus and chris said...

good for you... the more you drink water, the more you love it, by the end of feb. you will be drinking and craving it with out even realizing it!

Katie Morris said...

Hey Sus! I sure hope so. I actually stopped drinking diet coke for a year and I drank a lot of water during that time. I hope I can replace some of the diet cokes with water.