Happy 4th of July! I hope you all are enjoying your day. We are still moving steadily along in the paperwork process. After our students finished camp yesterday, Michael and I spent the rest of the day working on adoption stuff. We really got a lot done. Here are the things we can now check off our list:
1. Passport photos taken
2. Passport applications submitted (by the way they actually take your birth certificates and will mail them back to you when they are done with them. Luckily we already submitted everything that required a copy of our BC)
3. Bank letter written and notarized
4. Child abuse check notarized and submitted
5. Money orders for FBI clearance
6. Fingerprints for FBI clearance - okay I have to pause for a moment for a small vent/concern. We went to the police station and they asked to see one of our ID's when we paid for the fingerprint cards. She told us they would ask for both of our ID's when we had our fingerprints taken. So, we went back with the officer and he began getting everything ready and I asked if he needed to see our ID's and he said NO. That's right, NO. WHAT? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? In the world of identity theft, etc. this did not set well with Michael and I. I am sure this does not happen everywhere, but seriously!
7. Went to FedEx and sent off the FBI Clearance along with a return envelope for them to send it back to us.
8. Collected all of our reference letters
9. Went to the doctor's office and had my arm read. They did a TB test on Tuesday, along with all of the other blood work required for the Dossier. I had to go back and have them look at my arm to prove I didn't have TB. What happens to your arm if you do? I felt like they were reading my palm or something.
So, we really accomplished a lot. We ran out of time, so we weren't able to mail group three of the application. I will do that tomorrow. We are still lacking a few things from that group, but we will hopefully have it all in by the end of next week.
We are getting closer everyday!
Our Forever Family
1 day ago