Merry Christmas! We had a lovely day. We opened presents with my parents, sister and Grandma in the morning, then we went to my mom’s parents house and had lunch and presents with her family and then finally we went to my sister-in-law’s house for festivities with Michael’s family. It was a very long day and we were quite tired when it was over, but it was worth it. Hopefully next year we will have two Ethiopian babes to spoil! My sister made the most amazing book about Project 8256 and all of the people who are helping to bring our kids home. It was the best present and something we will treasure forever.
I have been so sick with a cold or something. I woke up in the middle of the night with, what I am assuming, is pinkeye!!! My eyes are red and a little tender, so I don’t want to put my contacts in. Unfortunately, the only glasses I have are the ones I got during my sophomore year of high school – fourteen years ago. They are nothing I would ever wear out in public. This should be fun….
In adoption news, all of our paperwork for our dossier has been authenticated! I just checked the mail and…….WE RECEIVED OUR APPROVAL FROM CIS!!!!! We will have it notarized on Monday and send it off to Kate and once she has it authenticated, we will be on the waiting list. I was writing this blog and started typing that we were waiting on it and decided to check the mail and there it was! Merry Christmas to us!!!
So, over a month ago Heidi tagged me and I am just now getting to it. So, here are seven random things about me…
1. I am a little leery of dogs. Okay I am pretty much scared of dogs. I panic when a big dog is near me and even get a little jumpy when small dogs lick, bark and jump. I am not like one of those people you used to see on Jerry Springer or Maury Povich who runs around the room screaming if a canine gets within 100 feet of them, but dogs are not my best friend. I think this fear stems from a childhood incident. I was walking home from a neighbor’s house when I was 4 or 5 and a dog ran up to me and knocked me down and started licking me. I was terrified and then swelled up from the dog’s saliva. Fun times.
2. I went through a phase in high school when I wanted to be a secret service agent. I watched In the Line of Fire and loved the scene where they secured the hotel room before the President’s arrival. This was my basis for temporarily choosing this career path. I don’t think I would have liked taking a bullet. Fast forward about 10 years and I worked as the event coordinator for a large performing arts facility and VP Cheney was attending an event. I was given a keychain from one of the agents, which I kept until it fell apart. I sometimes liked to pretend that I had an ‘in’ or was an agent myself.
3. I am allergic to Actifed. It made me go temporarily blind when I was four. My mom gave me a dose and I said “Mommy, I can’t see”. I have never tried it since.
4. I love numbers. I think they are beautiful. Anything involving numbers excites me. Nerd. Math was always my favorite subject. 3948739285793847928983598729
5. I (heart) crime dramas…A LOT. Law and Order (all of them), CSI (all of them), Numbers, NCIS, etc. I have them on constantly at home. It is a nice background noise for me when I am working.
6. I am Type 1 Diabetic. I was diagnosed with ‘juvenile diabetes’ when I was 20. I wear an insulin pump, which inserts into my stomach through a cannula (kind of like a catheter). I change the location every 3-4 days. Even though the pump sometimes feels like wearing my pancreas on the outside of my body or being hooked up to life support, it really does give me a lot more freedom.
7. I am a project junkie. I can throw myself into a project at home or for our business and be completely consumed by it. I can spend days and days focused on nothing else. I don’t have to sleep that much, just work. It drives my family crazy. Sometimes I wish I wouldn’t have quit gymnastics when I was younger. I have students who are very talented gymnasts and they train everyday for several hours. I think I would have loved that. The commitment and focus that takes….but then I remember that I am not very athletic and realize I am better off teaching music.
I am supposed to tag seven people, but only know two people who have yet to be tagged. I will tag:
If you want to be tagged, let me know and I will add you to the list!
Our Forever Family
1 day ago